I choose the thoughts that make me feel comfortable with growing older.
我选择能让自己坦然面对衰老的想法。
I am the perfect age.
我正值最好年龄。
Each year is special and precious and filled with wonders all its own.
生活当中的每一年都是特别而珍贵的,且充满新奇。
Being elderly is as special as being a child.
成为老人和成为孩子一样都是一段特殊的历程。
Yet, my culture fears old age so much.
然而,我所身处的文化对于变老却很恐惧。
Weve made it such a terrible, terrible thing to get old.
大家觉得变总是一件很很可怕的事情。
And yet its normal and natural.
然而这是正常而自然的现象。
Weve created a youth-worship culture that is harmful to us all.
大家打造了一种青春崇拜的文化,这让大家所有人都深受其害。
I look forward to growing older.
我期待自己变老。
The alternative is to leave the planet1.
代价是要离开这个世界。
I choose to love myself at every age.
我选择去爱每一岁的自己。
Just because I am older it does not mean I have to get sick and infirm.
虽然变老了,但这不意味着我必然会生病或变得虚弱。
I do not have to be hooked2 up to machines or suffer in nursing homes in order to leave the planet.
当我离开这个世间时,我也并未必非要在身上插满各种管子或待在养老院里挨日子。
When its my time to go, Ill do it gently-perhaps go to bed, take a nap3, and leave peacefully.
到了我该告别的时候,我会温顺地完成这件事情-----或许我会走到床边躺下,打个盹,然后平静地离开。